Yay! I am so excited! If you guys haven't heard I am coming to Utah for about 3 weeks! I will be leaving her Friday the 24th and arriving in UT the 25th! I am so excited! Halloween down there will be so much fun. We are are going to borrow a LION costume for Parker from my sister. He is already practicing his "GRRR!". He will be so excited to see everyone, and wait til you see him! Walking and getting so smart! I can't believe how much he changed in September!
So there are voles living in my house and I am freaking out! I guess people up here call them shrews, but they really are voles. Luckily they are smaller than mice though! This one woke us up 2 mornings in a row at 7 chewing on something in our bedroom! Who knows how long they have been in the house! Well, after the second morning of the creepy rodent noises Brian found a pile of carpet padding in the corner under our base heater! The little piece of crap was chewing our carpet up and taking pieces of the padding for it's nest. Actually I am kind of glad it did because it took it from a spot no one will ever see, and it left a trail! We followed the little pieces into our closet, pulled everything out and found a little round hole in our wall! Can you believe it!?? It is just like in the movies and I am pissed! Rodents are like the freakiest thing I can think of! On the other side of the wall in Parker's room there is another little round hole that they chewed! So Brian, being the clever trapper that he is, put a trap on both sides of the wall and before the end of the day we had one! He tried to convince me that was the only one there was, but reset the traps anyway. By morning we had another one! We've been infested and I want to move! Brian promised that tonight when he gets home for family night we are going to clean everything off the floors and clean the garage really good, and I bought a butt load of more traps we are going to set! It snowed today, so I am guessing more will be coming in from the cold!
So some of you already know, but Brian shot a 3-legged bear the other day! Sad huh! Well happy kind of I guess. He was out hunting for bear to make a rug and he saw this one and it was limping. He decided to put it out of its misery because he thought it was hurt. When he found the bear after he'd killed it, he realized it only had a stub for a front leg, and it was an old wound so it was getting by just fine! He brought the meat home and our good friend are making it into sausage. I am still freaked out by the goat so I don't know if I dare try a bear! Anyways, he laid out the hide in our garage and decided it would look goofy as a rug a bear rug with 3 legs. So he cut the others off too and the hear and now we have a bear skin mat. He has been salting it for a few days now and I am about tired of stepping over and through it to get to the laundry! Oh and guess what else....he decided yesterday that before he gets the skin tanned he needed to wash the blood out of the hair. So he rinses it out in the hose out side which was fine...whatever. But then he borrows my hair dryer to dry it! Not only did he make the whole garage/house smell like a stinky wet dog, but this morning when I went to retrieve the blow dryer, the back was caked in bear hair and when I peeled that off I saw that on the little vent inside there was burnt bear hair!! It is so gross and the whole time I was using it this morning I was trying not to puke from the disgusting smell! He owes me a new dryer!
Oh yeah, and if you are wondering about bear pictures...don't count on them. Not only am I bad at posting pics, as you all know...but Brian didn't take any! He took my camera (that I haven't seen in a month!) with him up the mountain and couldn't find it in his backpack so he used his friend's camera phone! Before I could take any of the hide he had the skull pulled out and the legs cut off! Sorry...no 3 legged bear pictures this year.
I am thinking of all the places that I want to eat while I am Utah! I can't get them off my mind so I decided I would blog them. That way while I am down there I can check back at the ones I have forgotten. Plus if you guys have any place to suggest...I can add them to my list of cravings! I wish Soldotna would at least get a Wendy's or something. Here it goes in no specific order:
- Olive Garden!!
- Apple Bee's
- University Broiler and Grill
- Mongolian BBQ
- El Neuvo Amanacer
- Chick-fil-a
- Subway...50 times (even though I have one here)
- Braza Grill
- Wendy's
- Javier's
- And that one place in N. Ogden with the yummy rolls and chicken (only ate there once and loved it!)
- KFC
- Arctic Circle-have to get a Halloween kid's meal!
- Scone cutter
I'm drooling already...hope I can fit all this in!
I guess that's all for now. If I think of anything else, maybe I'll blog again tomorrow, but don't count on it, you all know how I am!
3 comments:
I'm so excited for you to get here. I really hope we can do that Ephraim thing, I'm so broke though so we would have to do it cheap! That's cool Brian got a bear, it's good cause now he will probably be home alot more right? How is the pregnancy going?
Come to Provo and eat at The Brick Oven. It is better than olive garden!
Sounds like you're going to spend your whole three weeks eating...do you think you'll fit in anything else?
Post a Comment