Thursday, January 13, 2011

It's not a tumor!

Possibly the most embarrassing experience in my life today. I never remember the embarrassing stories when people ask, so I thought maybe I would write this one down. I just had to laugh because I wanted to cry! Brian was sick today so I had to run to our store to get his stuff for him to work on at home. I was trying to hurry so I showered and then threw on some clothes. I got the kids dressed and had a hard time getting them out the door. They were both being spazs today!


So when I got in the car I sat down and felt like I was sitting on something. I couldn’t see anything so I just went along. I went into our shop and got Brian’s stuff, then decided since I was out to go to Fred Meyer to grab a few groceries and drink to re-hydrate Brian. It was -10 today, or possible colder so I told the kids we had to hurry in the store. Moving those kids along is a lot of effort….it wares me out!

Once we got into the cart lobby of the store I threw the kids in one of those car baskets. It kind of felt like there was gum on my pants or something so I reached to check and there was a lump on the back side of my thigh! What the heck? I thought for a second and realized there was a sock, probable stuck in there from the laundry. I tried to wiggle it down my leg but it wouldn’t budge. Damn skinny jeans.

I hadn’t noticed but the cart attendant guy was staring at me from across the lobby. I couldn’t at this point just reach my hand down my pants to get it out, and I was wearing boots so I couldn’t get it from the bottom either! As I started to walk along the guy noticed that I saw he was looking at me funny. He tried to cover it up, “Is that cart working ok for you today” Yeah…why wouldn’t it be? So what if I have something on my butt!

Well at this point it was either drag the kids back outside in the freezing cold to grab the sock out or make it fast in the store and try to go unnoticed! It is really hard to push those carts through the parking lot so I just decided to go for it. It would be a funny story anyway right? At least it wasn’t a busy time at the store and I didn’t bump into anyone I knew. I am sure there were some people thinking I had a tumor on my backside, but what do they know anyway!??

When I got home I was laughing so hard. I ran into the bedroom to show Brian. I turned around and he looked at me like I was crazy. He said, “Is that a turd in your pants??”

HAHA! Oh my gosh that was embarrassing. Glad it is over, and now I have a moment that I can share on those dumb papers people make you fill out.

2 comments:

Taren said...

oh you. i love this story. i definitely would have stuck my hands down my pants to get it out. but what do i know? i pick my wedgies in public regularly ;)

heatherjesse said...

Oh my GOSH thats hilarious!!! now I have blog stalked you oh man at least it was a sock totally pulled that but it was a roll of underwear