Brian was gone hunting for Sheep and Bear Wednesday and Thursday so I was alone with the kids. It can be pretty hard to entertain them both for 2 days straight by myself. I think we were all going a little crazy! Plus Eli hasn't been feeling very well and so Parker and I were both tired of hearing him scream and cry. I think that there was a little bit of jealousy yesterday and that was possibly the reason for Parker's sibling abuse. I put him in time out over and over and over and when I realized it wasn't working I came up with a better plan.
I put Eli to sleep in my bedroom and Parker and I went into his bedroom to play, just the two of us. He insisted we were going to play with the blocks, they are like giant legos. He got them last year from "candy man" (he told me today that santa is candy man) but I never like to get the blocks out because all he ever wants to do is dump the bag and then throw them around and pick them up and do it again. Kinda boring and alot of work. But I figured it was his time, so he could choose today.
When I opened the bag I just sat there waiting for him to dump them out everywhere and scream, but instead he reached in and pulled one out and said "choo choo train"! I couldn't believe it. His imagination is finally working a little better! He has always had a really good one, he just couldn't coordinate it with his hand and words.
The best part is that i got him a train set for his birthday already, and I was really worried that he wasn't going to like it! I am excited to see what he thinks about it now!
Unfortunetly the "me time" with Parker didn't really work out as well as a planned as far as the hitting and biting Eli. I even tried again today...no luck. It was still worth it though. If anyone has any suggestions I'm sure I'll be accepting them for atleast the next year or so...
Eli is getting so big. He is learning how to sit up, and he is starting to play with his toys a little better. He has been screaming at us everytime we eat so decided to start giving him a little rice cereal! He LOVES it! I have been wanting to clear out a little extra space in my kitchen so I figured that after Parker was done being in a highchair I would just get a new one that attaches to a kitchen chair. Parker pretty much trashed his seat anyway. But he still sits in it everyday, and Eli is now ready for a highchair so I just went ahead and bought one already. I think it is going to be so fun to see all the fun things that the boys do together because they are so close in age. Since Parker is little and Eli is big, we're thinking they might be wearing the same size clothes pretty soon! There diapers are already 1 size apart.
Anyways I am making a new recipe for dinner in the crockpot. I'll have to let you all know how it turns out. It smells yummy. It's like beef cubes and sauce that you put over noodles, it sounded pretty good and I actually had all the ingredients! I found this cookbook in a box I had that is all crockpot recipes and there are so many that are so easy and I have everything already. I am trying to be a better housewife/mom...and my new goal is to cook caribou and fish both atleast once a week. It will save us alot of money too since we have a freezer full. Hopefully I get better at the fish part. Let me know if you have any good recipes for salmon or halibut.
I better go, nap time started...oh I love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment