So I am writing again. This has got to be a record! I just wanted to make a short post about my extra LONG weekend!
On Friday I took Parker and Eli to the Kenai Peninsula State Fair! It was so much fun and we met up with our friends there. We saw all kinds of animals and Eli and Parker both got really excited! The best part was these people who danced on horses to Latin music! Parker loved it! They did all kinds of tricks and dances on the backs of these beautiful horses. They drove all the way up here from Florida just to preform! It was seriously incredible!
The next best part was the "racing pigs" they were so cute and little and they ran around this little track and even jumped a couple of hurdles! It was pretty cute. Parker tried to feed one and it bit him!
I'm glad we left when we did though because a 9 year old boy was killed by his cow! Scary. Makes you think twice about 4h! haha J/k...
David left to go back to school on Friday night. We were all pretty bummed. It has been really fun to have him here for the summer and it has been an extra big help to have him managing our store! It sucks that Brian actually HAS to be to work now. It was so fun to have him just leave anytime he wanted! I hope David decides to come back next year. Parker is really missing him too. And my garage was actually alot cleaner when David was living out there and taking care of it. It's only been 3 days and you can't even see his bed anymore!
Saturday the kids and I got up extra early and headed to Anchorage with a good friend Teri. It's about a 2.5-3hour drive and we did it just so we could go to the temple. I have lived here for almost 4 years and I have never been. What a shame! It's a small temple so the sessions aren't as often as the bigger ones. You actually have to make an appointment. Teri went to the 11 session and I took the kids to a park. Luckily it was nice day! I was so nervous to go in by myself but it was fine. It was a really neat experience. One thing that I thought was so Alaskan about the Anchorage Temple, besides the fact that it is in Alaska, is that you have to take your shoes off when you walk in the door! Keeps things extra clean I guess. But we are all used to it cause you do that in every home up here!
After my session it was about 3 and we spent the rest of the day running around shopping trying to gather up everything that I need for a few months since I don't know when I will make it up there again! Luckily with a ton of searching I was able to get everything for the best deals! Thanks Teri for driving us all over while the kids drove us nuts! We left around 8:30 and got home just after 11! I was pooped!
Sunday was a big day and we were extra nervous because Brian received a call to be part of our new bishopric. He is now the second counselor in our ward. He is pretty freaked out, but I know he will do a good job serving. I'm just a little nervous about sitting alone with two little boys! It is going to be a crazy next few years. What really stinks is that since Dave left Brian is back to work 6 days a week. With a few meetings in the evening every week and meetings all day Sunday, we are really going to be missing him! I know we will be blessed, but it will be tough to sacrifice all that time with our Daddy!
It is starting to get dark a little earlier now so it is making it alot easier to get on a schedule that is a little more healthy! Last night Brian were in bed asleep by 10:30!! It was awesome and then we were up by 8 this morning and refreshed! No more of this staying up til 1 or 2 and sleeping in until 10 everyday! And we actually made it to playgroup on time this morning! Awesome! I hope we keep it up!
So I guess this wasn't such a short post, but I did it pretty quick so that's what counts right??
2 comments:
It is still somewhat of a suprise that Brian is in our new Bishopric. But now I look at him with a little more respect. He will do just fine! :)
Wow that's exciting and scary for Brian! He'll do great though. Looks like you guys had fun at the fair - I am excited to take Logan. We missed all the ones this year but I really need to take him next year. I like how often you are posting - keep it up!
Post a Comment