You little stinker. That's what you have been most of the time lately! I can't believe how fast two years can go by. But even more than that, I can't believe how much one little person has changed my life and how many things that I have learned so fast! You have definitly been the best teacher I have ever had.
This morning when I came to get you out of bed I was trying to get you really excited about your birthday, I sang you Happy Birthday and gave you lots of hugs and kisses. Just because you are 2 now doesn't mean that you get to wipe my kisses away! I couldn't believe that you were saying "Yuck!" Since when did this begin?You have really been changing alot lately. Like any Mom, it makes me a little sad that it is going by so quick. Don't get me wrong I really love that you can help so much around the house, always cleaning and throwing away "barbage", helping the baby, and bringing me the "motes" (remotes). Mr. Organization. You just suprise me sometimes with how grown up you really are! Just this week sometime I changed from being you "Mama" to you "Mammy". It's like every morning you wake up and decide you are too big for something else. Who know, tomorrow it could be the binki! Let's hope so anyway!
I have a lot of really fun memories with you. We've been best friends since the day you were born. I still remember one of the first times we really had fun together. You were probably only about 5 months old or so and Daddy built us a fire. The house got really hot so we had to get into our underwears to cool off. We were all dancing around to Collective Soul laughing and having a good time. You just had this look on your face like you were really having fun and loved us. Ever since you learned how to control your body you have been able to dance! You can defintly feel the beat! You had some awesome moves since you were 8 or 9 months old. You can entertain us for hours. Now that you are bigger you are starting to get a little bashful, but it doesn't stop you all the time. You even try to get all your friend and everyone around you to "Dance.... Dance!".
One of the best parts about you is how much you really like to sleep. I don't really have room to complain about you waking up much at night, you sleep in every morning and in the day time you have always taken such long naps! It is awesome. I hope it wears off by the time school starts so I don't have to drag you out of bed!
Like any little kid, you have done some really funny things. I am already regretting not writing them down or taking more pictures. I hope you forgive me someday. The only really funny story I can think of at the moment is actually really kind of gross. I'm going to write it anyway. Before I had Eli I used to work a few days a week and you would go to daycare. On Saturday mornings you stayed home with dad for a couple of hours and then he would get you dressed and drop you off at my work. One week he came in the store with a disgusted look on his face and he said, "You've got a mess at home to clean up!" I was a little confused but he proceeded to tell me a horror story of your diaper that morning. I wouldn't have believe him if I hadn't seen the pictures, but you were litterally covered in poo to your armpits. It sounds gross that daddy took a picture, but the poor guy needed some kind of proof. I have never seen anything like it in my life. He had to give you 2 baths after wiping you down! I like to tease and say thats what he gets for not changing more diapers! You really know how to play tricks! Just remember this for when you are a daddy and help out your wife with the diapers!
Probably the two worst weeks of my entire life were the ones right after your brother was born. The first couple of days were rough because he was so sick. As soon as I knew he was ok, I worked as hard as I could to get him better so that we could come home. I will never be able to describe how it felt to miss you back home. I was so torn because I knew Eli needed me, but I really missed my little buddy and I knew you were missing me too. We got through it, and things have been pretty good since. You adjusted pretty well to your brother, and I think you love him a little too much sometimes. We keep telling you to be careful because we are all almost certain he is going to be bigger than you someday, and probably soon. You can tell Eli already really admires you though and tries to be just like you. If you guys learn to get along and stick together, I think you'll be lifelong best friends. That was the plan anyways, having you so close together. It definitly wasn't to my advantage!Well little Parker, you are sure full of energy and love. You just need to figure out were to direct it all! I'm sure with time you'll figure it out. Just keep using you imagination. You're an awesome kid, and I am sure lucky to be your mom! I love you little man. Happy Birthday!
-Love Mammy













3 comments:
Happy Birthday Parker! I want to see the poop proof picture!
So Cute! I wish so bad we could Bentlee and him together I think they would be hilarious! Bentlee is always yelling at everyone to dance dance with her! He is adorable and I hope he has a happy bday!
It's so fun to look back and remember! They grow so fast its hard to believe! I hope you printed that post for his memory book! It made me cry! Love you Miss you Hugs and Kisses!
Post a Comment