Good Morning Baby!
That's what Parker and I like to say to you when you wake up, no matter what time of day it is. You still like to sleep alot, and from birth-5 months you were incredible at it! Some night you would do a 10 hour stretch! Awesome. But mostly you would average 6-8 hours and then continue sleeping waking up every 3 or so to eat. This past month you haven't done so well. We'll blame that on the Thrush. Now that we have that cleared up, you are getting better at the night sleeping again. Mostly doing 5 hour stretches.
You have been such a big, strong healthy boy since we got you out of the hospital. For a premie, you have done awesome. You're only real problem has been the thrush, and you did pretty well. Once we figured it out and turned your mouth purple, it only took a couple days and you bounced right back! Such a good little boy.
I measured you on your 6 month mark and you weighed 21.2 lbs! I typed in your measurements and it showed you in the 95th percentile, which translates that you are bigger than 95% of kids your age! Crazy. You aren't really a fatty, even though we call you that. I hope we don't give you a complex, we just think its fun to have a BIG kid! You are just stalky and cute. I have you dressed in Parker's clothes that he wore when he was a year old. Most of the knees are worn on the pants because he was crawling and learning to walk. Good thing you will be in a bigger size when you crawl because otherwise there would probably be holes. On a side note, Parker has hit a little growth spurt trying to stay ahead. He is now around 26 pounds, and he is getting pretty tall. Hopefully you won't catch up too soon, it might make him mad! You already fit into his diapers (size 4) but I am still trying to squeeze you into 3's cause there are so many left. It will sure make the diaper bag easier though.
You still have all your long "white" hair. I haven't cut it cause it just is so funny on you. You're definitly a blondie. Fair skin and big blue eyes. You look tired and out of it all the time, but I think it is mostly because your eyelashes are white also. You are just dopey and we love you for it!
You are developing just like all the other babies, rolling around after toys (that's when you get a chance to be on the floor without have your brother on top of you) learning to sit up, and now eating baby foods! I felt really bad when I finally realized that alot of your grumpiness at night had something to do with you being extra hungry! Parker never ate alot of solids, but you are a big guy and you need your food! So far you love everything: Green beans were first cause we had them leftover for big bro (I think you only liked them cause it was the first real flavor), Applesauce is a winner, Bananas, Carrots, sweet potatoes, and your favorite is definitely Peaches!
There will be plenty more to try, I promise. It is just funny to watch you get all excited and worked up when someone is eating. You really do think you are big.
I have been better at bathing you more regularly lately. Sorry I am so neglectful when it comes to your baths. But before you were eating solids...you really didn't get that dirty. I was doing it at least once a week before, and now it is more like 2-3, I'm sure your Grammy will be happy when she reads this, cause she says you stink. That's the only complaint I've had. Plus it was a Dr. order because of you sensitive skin to bathe you will special soap and it wasn't necessary everyday. Now that you are sitting up, I might get brave and put you in the big bath, and maybe even let you play in there with Parker. Just maybe though. He can be kinda rough!
Oh my goodness how you love your brother. I haven't ever seen anything like it. You smile every time he comes around. Even if he is being mean, you still think he is hilarious. Daddy says you have the biggest smile he's ever seen on a baby. Your whole body convulses when you smile...and it is even more when it's because of Parker. I can tell you guys are going to be really close. If we can just keep you two from fighting, I bet you'll be great buddies. I'm sure you guys are already plotting how to get into trouble and make me worry! Boys are boys I guess.
You were blessed on the 24th of July by your dad at the Henderson's house. It was so fun because both sets of your grandparents and dad's grandma got to be there. We thought you were going to have to be blessed when no one was here, but it worked out perfect on a very special day! You were too big for Parker's blessing outfit so I had Grammy bring you a new one. You were too big for that one too! You were busting out the back and so we couldn't button it up all the way! It was so funny. I was a special day I will never forget!
When I found out I was pregnant with you I was so happy, but I was also really worried. I loved Parker so much, more than I could ever explain. I was so worried that I wouldn't know how to love another child. Not with my whole heart, since I was already giving it all your brother. Everyone said that is would just happen. And I do love you Eli. I love you just as much as I love your brother. I'm not really sure how, I just do.
I'm looking forward to the next 6 months. Keep growing big and strong. I love you dopey boy!
Love,
Mommy





2 comments:
nikiesha! holy crap! Eli is getting so big! he is so handsome ! and parker too! oh boy i bet they will have a blast growing up together. you are such a good mommy to post those blogs to him like that. seriously, that is so cute. i love reading it! and the one for parker too. so cute. im gonna copy you when i have kids and do that too! its just such a good idea! i wish i could meet Eli soon! last time i saw parker he was way shy too so i bet that has changed! love you, miss you, wish you were here ! or wish i was there! hope to see you sooooooon!
i love that you are blogging again! your boys are so cute. I can't believe how big there are. If I would have told you 5 years ago that you would be living in alaska with 2 boys and owning a sporting goods store would you have believed me? ;) am i really going to see you in January???
Post a Comment