So today was the second Sunday without Brian and we made it! We made it both weeks to church on time and we made it home in one piece. Although Brian has been gone since this morning and is still at church, up until about 30 seconds ago both of my children were napping. The phone rang. But it was for a good cause and I'll explain in a minute. Anyways last Sunday sacrament was the worst meeting of my life. Both kids were freaking out and screaming. They are always loud, but this was bad. I don't even want to remember it. This week was so much better. Parker is learning to whisper, and even if we have to remind hi 500 times, it is getting better and I hope one day soon he will get it!
I had to dig out the train tracks again this morning. I think Parker just likes seeing me down on the floor struggling. That and he really likes to get out the "Poons" (spoons)!
So it's labor day weekend and of course one of my kids has to get sick. They always do when it is a long weekend. I thought Eli was just teething cause he hasn't been feeling great and he's about at that point in his life. But on Friday night I had the thought that it might not be teeth and it was probably thrush. I only know about this because I once thought Parker had it and looked it up. I hoped that I was just being parinoid and that it wasn't that this time either. But it is. I found a friend at the grocery store and she is a midwife and confirmed it. Poor guy. It is Sunday afternoon and the only two stores open this weekend don't carry what we need. Our doctor is on a scout camping trip and I have been trying to wait until Tuesday to get something for the poor kid. I am so glad I have such good friends. I am so blessed.
When the phone rang a few minutes ago it was Teri, the nicest woman in the whole world who puts up with us and lets us sit with her in sacrament...amoung so many other things she does for us! Anyways she works at the pharmacy here in town and it isn't open until tuesday but she called someone with keys to go let her in to get the stuff for us...on sunday even! Wow. Awesome! Let's all just pray the stuff works.
I'm going to be making some more raspberry jam today. Cooked this time. I am excited. But now that the kids are awake I think I'll wait until Brian gets home so he can distract them.
I also found out that I get to teach an Art class a couple times a month to a bunch of my friends that are homeschooled! We spend Fridays at the Henderson's with several other families doing school and activities. Parker gets to be in "sunshine school" with his little buddies. I'm not planning to homeschool my children, but it is fun to participate and see the other perspective of things. We are also doing an adult Constituition class at 3 on those Fridays and it should be pretty interesting. I always love to learn. If anyone has any ideas for some fun Art projects for kids from ages 7-15...let me know!
Better go, but I am planning to post pictures soon so check back this week.
Nikiesha
No comments:
Post a Comment