Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Purple Cow

"I never saw a purple cow.


I never hope to see one.

But I can tell you, anyhow,

I'd rather see than be one!"
 
 
I haven't heard this nursery rhyme since I was a child, but suddenly it came to mind when I saw this:
 
 
Eli has found the purple cow. Hope this thrush goes away soon. My little Eli is turning violet. Parker keeps trying to wipe all the purple off of Eli with a towel, "Oh no! Baby's Mess!" He doesn't understand that it is stained that way. Atleast for a few days. I have been putting it on twice a day to see if it helps anything. So far I think it is helping a little. Poor Eli. Everyone stares at him when we go out in public.
 
What really stinks is that I am not supposed to eat any dairy or sugar. What the crap? How am I supposed to give up my milk? It's going to be a long two weeks. Maybe I'll loose some weight. That is if I can actually do it. I decided to go to Subway since I need to eat alot of veggies. Too bad I forgot why I was going there and got cheese on my sandwich and ordered a cookie for Brian, Parker and me. Why would I order myself a cookie when I am not supposed to have an sweets? Then I got and orange drink and drank that too. Hello! Full of sugar. This isn't going to work. I can already tell. By the time I got home and ate my sandwich I remember that I shouldn't eat the cookie. But I did it anyway. Then when Parker went to sleep I ate his too. What kind of a mother am I? No self control what so ever. You might think that I was doing my child a favor by eating the cookie for him, saving him from the sweets but then I would tell you that I let him eat the bag of cheetos for lunch. That's it. He didn't want any sandwich and I wasn't going to fight with him. I think I need to take a parenting class. And a self control or addiction class. I think that the moment someone says I can't have it is when I want it most. I hope I can do better tomorrow. 
 
So Parker thinks that all meat is either "ibou" (caribou) or bacon. It was so funny, on his birthday we had a pizza that had some ham on it. Parker went over to the counter and pulled off a piece of the ham and came to show it to me. He said, "I did it! I got it, bacon. MMMM, It's a bacon!" At first I was thinking, where did you get the bacon? Then I just thought that Brian had given him a piece. But Brian said he didn't. I went and looked at the pizza and you couldn't even tell that the piece was missing. He is so funny. Now if we want him to eat some meat we just tell him its bacon and try and convince him to eat it. That's how it was with the sandwich today. I gave him some and told him to eat the bacon and the toast. He took a bite and spit it out, "It's yucky bacon, EW! YUCK!" What a brat! I can't believe he won't eat Subway.
 
 

1 comment:

Kim said...

I always eat Logan's cookies and treats when he falls asleep or forgets about them. I've kind of adopted a 2 for me 1 for you attitude!

And I give him a bag of chips and set him on the couch to watch tv to get him to fall asleep for his nap. When you sign up for that parenting class I guess you better sign me up too!