Saturday, September 26, 2009

Alaska Zoo!

We finally made it! I have heard a few different times that the zoo was lame and not worth the time to check it out. We had to drive to Anchorage on Wednesday to get Brian's car and we had nothing else to do besides stop at a couple stores, so Brian wanted to take Parker to the zoo to check it out. We almost didn't go because Parker was being so grumpy and naughty, but it was on the way out of town so we stopped anyway. I am so glad that we did too because as soon as we got there he was being so good! We had 2 hours until it closed, and that was plenty of time to see everything. It was pretty cold, but luckily we had some jackets in the car.

Eli ended up sleeping through most of it, but I think he had a good time too.

There was this crazy muskox there that was obviously in the rut, and it made him pretty angry! It was funny because it would just charge the fence at us. Parker was a little nervous, but I think he liked it! (I posted a video at the end)

Parker really liked the bears. We asked if he wanted to go in the cage with them and he was like, "OK!" He got all excited! But when we asked him if he wanted to ride the camel he got all scared and almost started crying! I think he is a little confused!


Although alot of the animals in our zoo can be seen up here in the wild, there were some that we can't see too. Like the super rare Snow Leopard....Brian's favorite animal. There was two there and they were awesome. There were also 2 Tigers and I think they were my favorite. It was just fun to let Parker see all the animals that we teach him about all the time, and they were actually alive, not mounted on the wall or in a book! Poor kid is destined to be a hunter. If he sees a gun, lately he's been saying, "Bear Gun!" I guess he's just like his dad.


We'll Probably wait until it is warm again, but we will definitely go back! It was a blast!

1 comment:

Kim said...

That thing is crazy! The background of the zoo looks so cool - is everything up there just like set in the trees?