Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Invaded

I was doing so good at keeping up on my blogging and then I got stuck using our older laptop and it isn't as fast, so I got frustrated! Plus I have pictures to post and Brian kept taking the camera! It's all his fault. All of it. It always is. Anyway our home has been invaded by voles again. I hope it is just one, but really.....when is there ever just ONE???
So I have been having these nightmares for a couple of weeks about these little critters, and I keep hearing things and freaking myself out. Brian thought I was crazy until one morning we were asleep and I woke up from a nightmare to a chewing sound. Right at the head of our bed in the old hole where the voles were last year! I knew we should have filled them in! Freaky! Seriously freaky! Anyway at least it was right there where Brian could hear so that he knew I wasn't making things up.
Now I have been hearing chewing behind a cardboard box that I am using as an end table in the corner of my living room. It isn't even scared of my voice. It only stops if I shake the box or move the couch. And of course it never does it when Brian is around! We have baseboard heaters and I can hear it inside there running....it's little claws clinking on the metal. Ew.
Today I went to the hardware store and bought some more traps so that Brian will set them tonight. I keep nagging him, but tonight is the night or I am calling the exterminator. Seriously, this is disgusting. Who knows where they are running or what they are eating when I am not around!
A couple of hours ago I heard on under the kitchen sink! What the crap?? I have no idea how it got under there....and I guess I don't really want to know. But one good thing is that there isn't any food under there, but there is some old rat poison that spilled earlier this summer. I really hope it was nibbling on that.
EW! I am so freaked out. I hope that who ever is reading this doesn't think that I have a filthy house, because I really do keep up on the housework and I am not a dirty person. I might not be spotless because I have two babies.....but I don't blame any of this on being unclean. I truly believe they came from outside because it got cold, and we were the lucky hosts.
Not for long cause Brian is an excellent trapper, and once he gets his trap line set, inside and out....those things are toast!
I have some pictures to post of our store, and when I get some free time I will update. Also I wrote a post for Eli on his 6 month, but I never got it off the paper into the computer. I wanted to post some recent pics with it, so that is coming soon also.
Do you ever find yourself in situations and before dealing with them, you start writing them out in your mind for your blog? Is this normal. I don't usually end up posting, but almost everyday I am like living my life through my blog. Weird. Lucky for everyone I don't post as much as I really think about.
Anyway I just thought of another thing....I am going to take a picture of the voles when we catch them so you can all see what I have been living with! FREAKY!!!!

No comments: