Saturday, September 26, 2009

Invaded Continued...

So have you ever seen the movie, "Mouse Hunt"?? It has been several years, but I can still remember most of the movie and feeling stressed for those poor guys. I would never be on the mouses side. Anyways after the kids went to bed on Wednesday night Brian and I were getting ready to set a bunch of traps to try and get the mouse. I bought 4 more and we found a bunch that I had bought in the past in out in our garage.(I think that I bought them and told Brian to set them and that he never did, but told me he did.)

Back in the corner where I have been hearing the stupid thing chewing we set 2 traps on Tuesday and the dang thing pushed them out of the way! Are they really that smart?? There was a pile of carpet, wood, cardboard, and carpet padding all over back in the corner so I could tell that the thing had been busy and it was making me mad. I think Brian could tell that I was getting pretty upset when I started threatening to move out! So he decided it was time to really catch the thing.

Brian told me that I should start cleaning out under the sink so we could set some traps in there too. So while I was busy in the kitchen just talking away to Brian and he was getting some other stuff ready in the living room. Right in the middle of one of my stories he said, "IT JUST RAN UNDER THE COUCH!!!" I freaked out and jumped up on a chair. I am so afraid of them. Seriously. So Brian starts getting all excited and starts picking up the furniture, and he went and got the broom cause I guess he thought he could get it with that! LOL! Anyways it disappeared, stupid thing.

So I went back in the kitchen and ended up finding the mouse pioson that was under our sink when we moved in and Brian told me to open it up and when I did there were like a billion tiny bugs all over it. it was so nasty. I left it under there though cause I really think the mouse was after it.

I felt like there were creap crawlies all over me and I was trying to relax and we decided to watch a movie. So I sat on the couch and while Brian was picking a movie he turned to ask me which one and the freakin vole poked his head out from under the couch where I was sitting!!! OMG...I almost freaked! It ran under the other couch so Brian went and got the broom and flipped over the couch again and I saw it running around and then he dropped the couch on it. We had a bunch of traps set by its hole where we figured it would run, but none went off. I was getting so frustrated!

We talked about it for a minute and then decided that I was going to go to the store to get some sticky traps. We were going to get this thing. I am not going to live with some rodent running around all over my floor. That is disgusting. So I called Fred Meyer and of course they were already closed. Who buys mouse traps at 10:30 at night anyway? Safeway was still open so I called to make sure they had the sticky kind and they said yes, they are on isle 12. I hurried over there and what do you know...they don't have any sticky traps. Liars. There was some kooky guy there telling me to get out the shotgun and kill them. Yeah right, while my kids are sleeping? Crazy. So I bought some ice cream instead!

When I got home I just started laughing. Brian was in the dark house with a head lamp on all the furniture moved and he had the base board heater all taken apart. He was using a bone saw to cut the carpet that was under the heater where we thought the mouse was hiding. Then he found had all these pieces of cardboard cut and he was making roadblocks under the heater for the mouse to come out and hit the traps. Next thing I know he's got the shotgun shells out....just incase he said! Was he really thinking like the Safeway guy? He ended up using them as road blocks too. When he looked again he found out we had a sticky trap left from last year. He also started shoving a fishing pole down in the hole trying to figure out where it went. I'll I could think of was Mouse Hunt. It was really kinda funny, but those little things make you nuts! Anyways now I am just rambling but at the end of the night we had 12 traps set and I think we scared the stupid thing cause we didn't hear or see him anymore and no traps went off.


On Thursday we got all the traps off the floor so that Parker wouldn't get them and then my friend Teri gave us a mouse thing you plug in and the sound it supposed to scare them. I could hear the high pitched sound and it drove me nuts so I unplugged it. Yikes. Maybe in the garage??

I was feeling better about the situation, but still wondering where the vole had gone. Then sure enough after the kids went to bed Brian was in the kitchen and heard it under the stove. Sick. In my kitchen?? Luckily I had already made sure all the food was secure! Anyways he said, "I'm going to make him a peanutbutter licorice sandwich!" I was a little confused but I guess after trapping so many mice Brian figured out they can lick all the peanut butter off without setting off the trap. If you put the licorice on the trap and the peanut butter on top of that, they gave to set it off to get it. So Brian set up all the traps in the kitchen and bated a couple. Within 2-3 minutes of setting them we heard, "SNAP!" Dead. We finally got the stupid thing! Sure enough it was the "sandwich" under the sink that got it and the peanutbutter was licked clean but I guess it wanted an extra sweet treat! It was so disgusting too and I didn't want to see it, but I remembered I had said I would post a pic, so I got a couple. Just for whoever really takes the time to read all of this. Does anyone? Oh well, atleast it gets it out of my system to share it!



For now we are going to leave a few traps set, but hopefully there aren't anymore. I hate them. I don't want to live here if we have to deal with this every fall. Sick. Now I just have alot of cleaning to do!

1 comment:

Kim said...

OH my gosh I laughed so hard. My favorite part was you getting ice cream instead and coming home to find Brian with a head lamp on! I can just picture the 2 of you.

When Dave and I lived in Panguitch he was gone on a fire and there was a stupid mouse that kept poking its head out from under our entertaiment center and I would scream and stomp my feet and he would go back in. I called my brother-in-law to bring me traps and spent the next 15 minutes screaming and stomping my feet until he got there.

Another time in that same house Dave left his ice cream bowl and spoon in the front room and we were laying in bed and I heard the spoon clinking on the bowl! Damn thing was in there licking the ice cream up. Ew I hate mice in my house!